What is continuous automatic ambient air monitoring?
According to Circular No. 10/2021/TT-BTNMT of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, ambient air is defined as outdoor air that humans, plants, animals or materials can come into contact with.
An ambient air quality monitoring station is a system of machinery and equipment capable of automatically and continuously measuring and analyzing the quality of ambient air components. It directly transmits data to the central management center, serving the state environmental protection management tasks
Why is it necessary to install a continuous automatic ambient gas monitoring station?
- Determine the level of air pollution affecting public health according to current allowable standards.
- Determine the impact of individual emission sources or groups of emission sources on local air quality. Providing information to help with pollution control planning and industrial development planning.
- Assess developments in air environment quality over time and space.
- Issue warnings about air pollution
- Meets the requirements of central and local environmental management.
The advantages of an automatic, continuous ambient air monitoring station compared to periodic monitoring are:
- Improve the quality of monitoring and data collection on the current state of environmental quality to serve state management.s
- Cost savings. Compared to automatic TQT, periodic environmental monitoring costs a lot of investment in sampling, laboratories, labor, etc.
- Contribute to monitoring and detecting sources of exhaust emissions causing air pollution in the area.
- Forecast and warn of factors that negatively affect people's living environment.
- Create people's trust in the quality of the surrounding living environment, contributing to building smart cities in the future
How to operate the automatic continuous ambient air environment monitoring system:
Monitoring equipment includes:
- Analytical equipment (analyzer) will measure and analyze indicators of the surrounding air environment
- Measurement and analysis results will be converted into data, then collected by a data collector (datalogger).
- These data are transmitted to the control station (Central Station) located at the monitoring center and at the same time transmitted to the Department of Natural Resources and Environment.
What indicators does the ambient air monitoring system include?
The basic parameters often chosen to evaluate ambient air quality are:
- Sulfur dioxide (SO2)
- Nitrogen dioxide (NO2)
- Nitrogen oxide (NOx)
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Ozone (O3)
- Total suspended dust (TSP)
- Dust with a size of less than or equal to 10 µm (PM10)
- Dust with a size of less than or equal to 2.5 µm (PM2.5)
- Lead dust (Pb) and other heavy metals.
Viet An's ambient air monitoring station:
At Viet An, we provide monitoring station solutions from consulting, design, and installation of an ambient air monitoring station according to international standards, with outstanding advantages:
- Operate with high reliability, with little maintenance
- Respond to customer monitoring requests
- Provide quick results, promptly take response measuress
- The system is designed to be flexible, responding to customers' actual requirements
- Provide monitoring data management software on website & phone application, making monitoring and monitoring easier